Saturday, October 09, 2004

Earthquake~

The ground started shaking as i sat by my desk to enrol online. Maybe it's a sign. I'm not meant to enrol. And someone was announcing on the pa system, "There's an EARTHQUAKE!." No duh. I don't suppose we'd have noticed if they hadn't announced it, right?
I called my bro. He hadn't noticed it was an earthquake, he just assumed that the neighbors were.. er, boinking. Okay,
Marco called. He lives on the 24th floor of a condo and he said the building was vibrating vertically.
I talked to my friend Carmichael, and he predicts a major earthquake before the end of the year. We shall see. In the meantime, maybe i should stop singing.

****
I am bleeding. (Period) and i shall be in bitch mode till i stop bleeding, except to a few select people. And I am bleeding rather strongly, which is why i shall have to make an appearance in my gyne's office soon. I hate this. My guy friends say having kids is fun. If one more person tells me that he will get a good kick in the balls. You have been duly warned.

****
Foreign Doctors Get Guide to British Slang

Hmm. Think Austin Powers.

4 comments:

Luctor et Emergo said...

Hoping it is not endometriosis or fibroids or adenomyosis. But cheer up; I kinda get the idea you are in extraordinary pain.

For the guys: Having fun is not it's all about. Any creature who is aching and suffering pain deserves courtesy and empathy.

mavic said...

Funny thing about the earthquake, it was a good excuse to meet my high rise neighbors...they were all downstairs in their jammies and what have you sleeping attire...silly me had just come from the Fort area and didnt feel the tremor, but mostly got 2d hand info from rattled residents and the parking guard. But having experienced 2 quakes up on the 24th prior to this one, can say it was fun to watch the lighting fixtures sway and think existential questions and trying to remember survival techniques under tons of rubble. Great night out btw raine last sat...more to come:)

mavic said...

Funny thing about the earthquake, it was a good excuse to meet my high rise neighbors...they were all downstairs in their jammies and what have you sleeping attire...silly me had just come from the Fort area and didnt feel the tremor, but mostly got 2d hand info from rattled residents and the parking guard. But having experienced 2 quakes up on the 24th prior to this one, can say it was fun to watch the lighting fixtures sway and think existential questions and trying to remember survival techniques under tons of rubble. Great night out btw raine last sat...more to come:)

mavic said...

Funny thing about the earthquake, it was a good excuse to meet my high rise neighbors...they were all downstairs in their jammies and what have you sleeping attire...silly me had just come from the Fort area and didnt feel the tremor, but mostly got 2d hand info from rattled residents and the parking guard. But having experienced 2 quakes up on the 24th prior to this one, can say it was fun to watch the lighting fixtures sway and think existential questions and trying to remember survival techniques under tons of rubble. Great night out btw raine last sat...more to come:)