Friday, December 09, 2005

Questions that got Chalk thrown at me in high school

Okay, don't get me wrong, i'm as catholic as the average catholic schoolgirl. But when you're in high school, you ask questions, right?

1. Was Mother Mary a Virgin until she died?
2. Why is the Immaculate Conception a holy day of obligation, but not Jesus' Conception?
3. If premarital sex is a Sin, why is the basis of our religion the conception of our Savior outside of marriage, before the parents got married?
4. The Sacrifice, right. Why would God send us His Son for us to sacrifice right back at Him? I've never quite gotten it.
5. If we Drink His Blood and Eat His Flesh, wouldn't that make us cannibals?
(got me a BLACKBOARD ERASER thrown at my head for this one, go, me!)



And for a change of topic. Go read the Bunny Suicides. Google it and click on the first one that comes up. I mean it. Sobrang funny. Better yet, buy the book, it's the perfect Christmas Gift.


7 days to Lantern Parade
7 days to the Oblation Run

4 comments:

Tobie said...

Coolness TDbear.
Isha, I had the same questions when I was young. heheh.

Norman said...

lol...very funny

Unknown said...

Teddy: Dude. I can't believe you made me discuss religion the first time i met my mama's parents! How could you?! Waaah.
Tobie: Hi mama.
Norman: Pilosopa kasi ako hehe.Cheers.

Kevin! said...

I'm too lazy to find sources that discusses it, but a theology teacher in high school once mentioned that Jesus had siblings; if it were true, I guess they're not important enough to be mentioned in the Good Book...

oh and another theology teacher (possibly the same, but not sure, damn awful memory...) also mentioned that Hell, as originally written, is not a place in the afterlife, but a place on earth, where living conditions are so awful it can be described as "hellish", the meaning just got lost in the translations (political influences and all)

blasphemy is fun