Thursday, May 31, 2007

1st Week in Canada

Today I opted to stay home and read the 20+ books that i borrowed from the library yesterday. I love the Burnaby Public Library. They have EVERYTHING. I am right now gnawing my way through THE TRUTH by Terry Pratchett ("Everyone knows there are four elements: Earth, Air, Water and Fire. This is generally known. But this is WRONG. There is a fifth element, also known as SURPRISE.") But I have to admit this: yes. I borrowed Romance Novels.

Today was laundry day, and being the only child who opted to stay at home, I did it. And it was a learning experience today. About 30 minutes after i popped the first load into the dryer, my dad came running towards the laundry room with his hands up. I asked him why and he said he'd left his wallet in his pants. Okay. And sure enough, freshly laundered and toasted, his leather wallet is now maroon with streaks. And a few hours later i learned the hard way about sweaters not going into the dryer. Okay.

And yes. I have a lot to learn. Miss you tobie!

No comments: