Saturday, October 31, 2009

Falling Slowly

Day Five of my flu battle today. Still in the murky area of is-it-or-isn't-it-H1N1. Been comparing battle notes with some friends who went through this, and I'm wondering if it is just a run of the mill influenza bug plus some asthma. Bah.

The doctor's kept me at home for a week, and these past couple of days have given me some forced introspection. It could really not have come at a better time, since life's thrown me at a sort of crossroads. My brother, Bas, is following his heart and moving to Edmonton to study Theology, and although I am terrified for him (the people I've met up here aren't too friendly to people with strong religious convictions) I'm also sort of envious that he finally knows what he wants to do with the rest of his life.

Two of my closest friends have gotten engaged (to awesome nice girls!) and so I would like go congratulate Boogie and Liezl, and David and Raney. You guys deserve the absolute best. I am so proud of you both.

My fantastic boyfriend Alex has been nice enough to bring me chicken soup and food ingredients for whatever I am craving, and my brothers have been good enough to cook them for me and wash the dishes afterwards.

Three days online. There's only so much Cute Overload you can look at. I found myself back on filipino sites looking through news and magazines and blogs, at familiar faces. My life would be sooo much different if I had stayed there for sure, and I would still be running a TV station (maybe), going on weekly spa trips and driving around.

Things are going to change soon. I am almost there.

Nina posted a video of this song: Falling Slowly (cover by Jess & AJ) I cried for a few minutes afterwards.

Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard

I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

No comments: