Thursday, February 22, 2007

Damned Bugs

I was gleefully bragging yesterday to Majo and Di and Randee at Kublai's katipunan about my seeming invincibility to the flu bug going around our office. Since last week I have been drinking a big gulp of pineapple juice daily.

And Karma, vicious bitch that she is, caught up with me. This morning (more like lunchtime, actually) found me feeble and asthmatic, and apparently the flu had just waited till the worst possible state of my immune system. So now, I have phlegm. Not just any phlegm, but gooey toothpaste-y yellow phlegm. Oh joy. All in the space of 10 hours.

My first bug of the year. Enjoy.

I got a text from a close officemate last night asking me to help her write her resignation letter. It was inevitable, really. But I still feel sad that she feels she has been pushed to resign. I always thought she'd outlast me, really. But she's a strong person. I know she can do this. And as friends are, I will be behind her every step of the way. Bug or no.

Tobie hasn't slept in two days. I wish i could help him. Sigh.

No comments: